- Use oil-free makeup remover
- Pay special attention to your lash line when removing makeup
- Gently clean your lashes with a mixture of water and baby shampoo (oil-free)
- Gently pat lashes dry with a paper towel.
- Do not brush your lashes when they are wet. Make sure to dry completely before brushing.
- Brush lashes from center to tip with mascara wand to maintain them as they grow. Do not brush from the base of your lashes as the mascara wand may pull your lashes.
- Sleep on your back or on your side with lashes off the pillow.
- Schedule a regular fill appointment every 2-3 weeks.
- Do not wet your lashes for 24 – 48 hours after application
- Do not tan or spray tan 48 – 72 hours after application
- Do not use mascara on your lashes
- Do not perm your lashes
- Do not curl your lashes
- Do not pull or tug on your lashes
- Do not rub your eyes
- Avoid saunas and hot steam (including facials) while wearing extensions
- Avoid letting water from your shower head run directly onto your lashes
- Avoid blasts of direct heat as this can cause the lash extensions to lose shape (e.g. step aside when opening the oven/bbq or if you smoke turn head to the side when lighting a cigarette)
- Do not use eyeliner pencils – felt or pen tip only
- Do not use cotton balls or pads with loose fibers that can catch on your lash extensions
- NEVER attempt to remove your lash extensions – they must be professionally removed
Semi-Permanent Cosmetic Tattoo
What to expect immediately after:
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6-8 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
Eyebrows & Eyelash Enhancement & Bottom Eyeliners
- Day 1: If you see any body fluid coming out, gently pat the tattooed area with clean gauze or paper towel. Otherwise, do this step after 4 hours of your procedure. Apply a very thin coat (a size of a grain) of aftercare healing cream that has been supplied to you with your clean fingers. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap before applying the aftercare cream.
- Day 2-14: Wash the tattooed area gently 2-3 times a day with lukewarm water. Pat the area dry with clean gauze or paper towel and apply a thin layer of the aftercare cream. Keep your tattooed area out of the sun throughout the healing process. Do not apply any cosmetics in this area and avoid sweating for at least 10-14 days. Keep the area clean.
- If your tattooed area feels very tight and dry, you can re-apply a thin coat of aftercare cream.
What not to do:
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first five days as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilise in the dermis.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
- DO NOT apply make up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), retin-A, lactic or glycolic acids.
- Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- NO exercising and/or sweating for a few days prior to getting tattooed and for two weeks after.
- NO swimming pools, jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
Once fully healed:
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you must apply 30+ SPF sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing, laser hair removal, chemical exfoliation, MRI, or other medical procedure after your tattoo has healed, please inform the technician. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area. For MRI, please inform your technician that the pigments used for cosmetic tattoos are MRI safe.
- Before you donate blood, it is a Red Cross policy that you must wait at least one full year after any tattooing procedure to donate blood.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later.
** Following these guidelines is extremely important for the healed results of your semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo.
YUMI™ Keratin Lash Lift
For the first 48 hours:
- Do not wet or rub your eyelashes
- Do not apply cream around eyes
- Do not apply mascara
- Do not take a sauna or facial
- Do not swim
- Use YUMI™ nourishing mascara every day to prolong your lash lift (can be purchased separately)
- Comb your eyelashes upwards every day
- For best results, clients are advised to return at least every two to three months after the treatment. Clients must follow the aftercare instructions to obtain the best results