Before your eyelash extensions or lash lift appointment:
– Arrive with squeaky clean lashes. This means better results and retention. Make sure you don’t put moisturizer, sunscreen, or any other products on your lashes before arrival.
– Do not curl your lashes on the day of your appointment.
– Do not drink caffeinated beverages on the day of your appointment. Some clients’ eyelids flutter and make it difficult for the technician to do a good work.
– Bring your own headphones if you would like to listen to your own music, book, podcast, etc.
YUMI™ Lash Lift & Tint aftercare:
– Keep them dry: As lash lift involves applying specialized solutions to a delicate area, you should make sure to keep your eyelashes dry for at least 48 hours after the procedure. Avoiding moisture will help to ensure that the curl settles in properly. This means avoiding getting your lashes wet in the shower as well!
– No pillow cuddling: Do not let anything touch your eyelashes for at least 48 hours. Avoid anything that could lead to accidental tears or risk your lashes in any way. Moreover, try to sleep on your back for a couple of days to prevent your eyelashes from getting scrunched.
– Using mascara: While there is no need to use mascara after lift lash to look stunning, you might still want to wear mascara to give an added touch to your makeup. If you plan to do so, use only oil-free mascara, and that too, only after 48 hours of the procedure. Just don’t curl your lashes with a lash curler as your lashes have already been curled.
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare
– Don’t get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours.
– Don’t exercise for the first 24 hours.
– Don’t tan or spray tan 48 – 72 hours after application.
– Don’t perm your lashes.
– Don’t curl your lashes.
– Don’t pull or tug on your lashes.
– Don’t rub your eyes.
– Don’t brush your lashes when they are wet.
– Avoid saunas and hot steam (including facials) while wearing extensions.
– Avoid letting water from your showerhead run directly onto your lashes.
– Avoid blasts of direct heat as this can cause the lash extensions to lose shape (e.g. step aside when opening the oven/bbq or if you smoke turn head to the side when lighting a cigarette).
– Don’t apply mascara or false/strip eyelashes onto your extensions.
– Don’t use any oily or oil-based products around your eyes.
– Don’t wear heavy eye makeup on a daily basis.
– Don’t use eyeliner pencils – felt or pen tip only.
– Don’t use cotton balls or pads with loose fibres that can catch on your lash extensions.
– NEVER attempt to remove your lash extensions – they must be professionally removed.
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare
– Use oil-free makeup and makeup remover.
– Pay special attention to your lash line when removing makeup.
– Gently clean your lashes with a lash foaming cleanser 2-3 times a week. **VERY IMPORTANT** (we sell Prolong lash cleansers and brushes).
– Gently pat lashes dry with a paper towel.
– Brush lashes daily from centre to tip with a mascara wand (2-3 times/day). *Do not brush your lashes when they are wet. Make sure to dry completely with a paper towel before brushing. Do not brush from the base of your lashes, as the mascara wand will pull your lashes.
– Try and sleep on your back.
– Use silk pillowcase.
– Schedule a regular fill appointment every 2-3 weeks.